HIK Vision Vulkan Smart 15mm Thermal Imager
The HIK Vision Vulkan 15 delivers a high quality thermal image from the mega high-resolution 384x288, 17µm thermal sensor (35mK NETD rating, one of the most sensitive sensors available today) to the generously sized and easy to view LCOS display. Normally you would only find such a high-quality thermal image in higher quality thermal imaging, but with HIK vision you really do get 'bang for your buck' no matter the model.
The Vulkan 15 has a very impressive detection range of detecting heat of a vehicle (1.4x4m) as far as 1353m away or a human sized object (1.8x0.5m) as far as 441m away, which many of us know is more than enough. There are 4 different colour pallets, alongside brightness and contrast controls you can optimise the image to suit your vision best.
Built-in Wifi and a dedicated HIK Vision app allow you to take complete control of the units settings, features and more from your smartphone.
To make things better, a 3 year UK warranty is also included.
HIK VISION Thermal Sensor
At the heart of the Vulkan 15 is the HIK Vision 384x288px, 17µm thermal sensor (NETD Rating = 35mK).
35mK NETD Rating = One of the most sensitive sensors available on the market, detecting even the smallest temperature differences.
This combines with the 15mm objective lens and focus system to achieve a crystal clear image, due to the smaller lens you can expect a wider field of view than the larger 35mm models.
Combine this with the HIK software that processes the image you see on screen and you have an unbeatable package that performs well above its price point.
T-Vision App: Connect – Control – Stream
Connect your smartphone and take control of all features of the Vulkan 15.
The T-Vision app allows you to stream the output in real time allowing you to share your viewpoint with a friend.
You can also record images and video, optimise the colour profile, display settings and magnification all from the easy to use app.
Activate Hot Tracking and your Vulkan 35 will highlight the hottest spot detected in the current frame with a green crosshair.
This is useful to highlight small heat sources as you scan around.
This feature can also be deactivated in the menu or controlled in the App.
- Sensor 384x288px @ 17µm
- Objective Lens 15mm
- Detection Range (Vehicle 1.4 x 4m) 1353m
- Detection Range (Human 1.8 x 0.5m) 441m
- Type Vanadium Oxide Uncooled Focal Plane Arrays
- Resolution, pixels 384×288 px
- Pixel pitch, µm 17µm
- Frame rate, Hz 50 Hz
- NETD Rating 35mK
- Objective lens F1.0
- Magnification (Optical) 1x
- Magnification (Digital) 1x, 2x, 4x,
- Field of view 24.6° × 18.5° (H × V)
- Type 5.08mm, LCOS
- Resolution, Pixels 720 ×540
- Colour Palettes Black Hot, White Hot, Red Hot, Fusion
Video & Sound
- Video Recorder YES
- Sound Recorder NO
- Build in memory, 8GB
- Hot Tracking YES
- WiFI hot spot YES
- T-Vision App support YES
- Degree of protection, IP code IP67
- Dust protection Protected against dust ingress
- Water protection Protected against temporary submersion in water
- Operating temperature range -30 °C to 55 °C
- Dimensions, 161mm × 61mm × 57mm
- Weight, kg 0.27 kg
- Operating time on battery (WiFi & Hot tracking disabled), 7 hours continuous running
- Charging interface, USB-C
- Battery capacity after 1000 cycles, 80%
What you get
- HIK Vision Vulkan 15MM
- Wrist Strap
- USB-C Charging Cable
- Carry Case
- User Manual